Our Communications Team of senior engineers have considerable experience in New Zealand power HV systems communications. They are uniquely qualified to support our clients’ needs as well as being closely integrated with Tesla protection engineering experts, and highly experienced substation designers.
Members of our team are active participants within the Australasian CIGRE D2 Panel (Information Systems and Telecommunications), and international working groups producing technical publications. We also hold Government endorsed “Approved Radio Certifier” status allowing direct radio link licensing.
Our specialised on-going engagements include standard design authoring and management for fibre optic cabling, and control systems.
Our team provides specialist skills in many areas of the HV power industry:
- Strategic reviews of Business and Operations telecommunication requirements
- Communication system security assessment and planning
- Standard design development for control systems and communications
- TELCO assessment and negotiation
- Smart metering networks
- Control systems and concepts, central processor design, serial and Ethernet data interfaces, Hardwire I/O, HMI
- Protection signalling services, equipment and interfaces
- Fibre optic cabling, both external and internal infrastructure, management cabinets and patching, interface design and specialist techniques.
- Detailed radio path analysis, mobile radio services (digital or analogue), fixed link design, interference studies, antennas and cabinet design.
- Data interface, protocols, isolators, converters and cabinet design.
- Voice networks, automatic telephone systems both analogue and VoIP
- SDH & PDH multiplex and bearers
- Secure power supply, converters, inverters and discrimination techniques for high reliability
- Network operations, monitoring, database management and equipment configuration
- Ethernet Local and Wide Area Networking
- Systems automation, PLC, instrumentation, DCS, protection/governor interface
- SCADA concepts and requirements; software and hardware
- Digital microwave radio and microwave transmission