Tesla has New Zealand’s leading team of power system Protection Engineers; in terms of both experience and depth of knowledge.
Tesla has been responsible for development of many Protection standard designs, protection relay setting templates and testing guides, and has assisted with roll out training of these new schemes to our client's Contractors and Consultants. Tesla is often engaged to undertake the more complicated protection work such as special protection schemes and non-standard protection schemes. Tesla also provides a service to keep the GXP Setting Summary Information on a client website up to date.
Almost all of Tesla’s senior and intermediate protection engineers have attended either the Areva 6 week residential Analysis and Protection of Power Systems (APPS) course in Stafford, England or a 2 week residential APPS course in Singapore, Australia or New Zealand.
We offer specialist skills in the following areas:
- Preparation of protection standards
- Auditing of protection schemes
- Protection relay evaluation and selection
- Fault studies using DIgSILENT power system modelling software
- Protection relay setting calculations, reviews and co-ordination
- Relay setting databases and management of relay settings
- Configuration of numerical relays and older relay types
- Incident analysis
- Protection scheme design including: