Training - Generator Protection
Providing various 2 day training courses on protection theory and application as well as operational "hands on" with Beckwith/SEL relay combinations being used/adopted by the Client. Included in training agenda:
Day 1 (Engineering/Theory focus)
- General introduction.
- Plant/relay configuration, e.g., CTs, VTs, Trip group arrangement.
- Relay ‘architecture’ and discussion on its increasing importance.
- Detailed explanation of applied protection functions, item by item. Cross reference to ‘how’ the function is set in Beckwith and SEL relay. Cross reference to logic diagram build-up which shows ‘how’ the function is user programmed in the SEL relays.
- Build up of set protection functions ‘superimposed’ over an example site capability diagram – to be done item by item with the above, (possibly as a class exercise).
- Viewing Beckwith event report files using IPSPLOT software; we will look at a few sample trips, specific points to note regarding VT configuration.
Day 2 (Operations/Engineering focus)
- General introduction and overview from Day 1.
- Viewing SEL event report files using SEL5601 software; we will look at a few sample trips
- Overview of Relay LCD and LED displays, and cross reference to station relay flagging sheets.
- Using the relay HMI interface.
- Connecting laptop to relay – viewing metered data, target data etc.
- Accessing and downloading event report files.
- Resetting the relays.
- Open question/answer session if time permits
- Brief presentation from SEL/Beckwith relay vendors.