Tesla uses the sophisticated Power Factory DIgSILENT power system modelling software for loadflow, voltage studies and fault analysis. It is noted that Transpower also use DIgSILENT to model the New Zealand national grid. Many New Zealand distribution companies also use this software.
We offer specialist skills in the following areas:
- Modelling, load flow and fault analysis of generation, transmission and distribution networks.
- Insulation co-ordination.
- Electromagnetic transients.
- Lightning shielding.
- Surge arrester selection.
- Earth grids.
- Neutral earthing systems.
- Security issues affecting distribution networks.
"If Edison had a needle to find in a haystack, he would proceed at once with the diligence of the bee to examine straw after straw until he found the object of his search. I was a sorry witness of such doings, knowing that a little theory and calculation would have saved him ninety per cent of his labor."
(Nikola Tesla - On Edison: New York Times, October 19, 1931.)