Electrical Design Engineer (Intermediate or Senior)
Tesla Consultants is an engineering consultancy providing high quality specialist services to the electric power industry. Demand from our key clients for our power systems expertise in the transmission, distribution and generation sectors is high.
We are seeking a Design Engineer (senior or intermediate), experienced in the generation field to join our team.
We offer a friendly and very flexible working environment. You will be working alongside some of New Zealand's leading electrical engineers undertaking a diverse range of interesting and challenging tasks and you will receive a highly attractive remuneration package. Tesla's exceptionally high staff retention record is a good indication of our commitment to work/life balance
Our preferred location for this role is Hamilton, however consideration could be given to the right candidate for an alternative location at either Auckland, Wellington, or Christchurch.
Developing detailed designs, technical specification documents and reports for substation projects you will have knowledge and skills in the following areas:
- Theoretical understanding of HV/LV/generation and distribution power systems,
- Practical power system (primary and secondary) design up to 220kV, experience of the design of earthing systems,
- Insulation coordination analysis and design, including surge arrester specification and lightning protection design,
- Design calculation software tools,
- New Zealand transmission/generation/ distribution utility standards & systems,
- SCADA, Control & Instrumentation, and remote-control interfaces,
- ELV and dc systems including battery banks, charger rectifiers, inverters/converters, dc distribution,
- Protection systems,
- The preparation of technical reports,
- Development of detailed construction methodologies,
You will need to be tertiary qualified, ideally with a BE(Electrical) or equivalent, but not essential for those with significant industry experience.
You must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand and have excellent written and oral English language skills.
Please email email@example.com for a full Job Description.