Protection Engineers - Senior and Intermediate (Hamilton, Wellington, Christchurch or Auckland)
Tesla Consultants Limited is a New Zealand owned engineering consultancy providing high quality specialist services to the high-voltage electric power industry.
We seek senior and intermediate power systems Protection Engineers, with proven New Zealand high-voltage electrical industry protection experience. Demand from our key clients for our power systems protection expertise in the transmission, distribution and generation sectors is high.
Working alongside some of New Zealand's top Protection Engineers undertaking a diverse range of interesting and challenging protection tasks and you will receive a highly attractive remuneration package. Offering a friendly and flexible work environment, Tesla's exceptionally high staff retention record is a good indication of our commitment to work/life balance.
You will need a sound general knowledge of high voltage power systems and specific experience in most of the following:
- 10+ years (senior) or 4+ years (intermediate) in the New Zealand high-voltage power systems protection field
- Development of protection philosophies
- Investigation of power systems faults
- Power system computer modelling and fault studies (ideally DigSilent)
- Detailed installation design of protection systems
- Protection relay setting calculations, reviews and co-ordination
- Configuration of numerical relays
- An understanding of standards and systems used the major New Zealand distribution and generation companies is desirable
In addition, your key skills will encompass:
- Attention to detail and a drive for technical excellence. Tesla's reputation relies on high quality design outputs!
- An aptitude for solving problems
- Ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships with clients and colleagues
- Organising and managing multiple tasks
- Self-motivation and desire to work with minimal supervision
Being involved in client liaison, report preparation and providing input to estimates for project bids you will have excellent written and oral English language skills.
Preferably applicants will be tertiary qualified, ideally with a BE(Electrical) or equivalent and have significant industry experience.
All applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org for a Job Description. Enquiries may also be made phoning (07) 834 6477. All enquiries will be treated in strict confidence.