Substation Design Engineers - Senior and Intermediate (Hamilton, Wellington, Christchurch or Auckland)
Tesla Consultants Limited is a New Zealand owned engineering consultancy providing high quality specialist services to the high-voltage electric power industry.
We seek senior and intermediate power systems Substation Design Engineers (for Primary and Secondary equipment), with proven New Zealand high-voltage electric industry experience. Demand from our key clients for our power systems protection expertise in the transmission, distribution and generation sectors is high.
Working alongside some of New Zealand's top Electrical Engineers undertaking a diverse range of interesting and challenging protection tasks and you will receive a highly attractive remuneration package. Offering a friendly and flexible work environment, Tesla's exceptionally high staff retention record is a good indication of our commitment to work/life balance.
You will need specific experience designing primary and secondary equipment for high-voltage substations (11 kV - 220 kV), in compliance with the various regulations and standards, including most of the following aspects:
- 10+ years (senior) or 4+ years (intermediate) experience
- Project Planning
- Switchyard layouts and buswork
- Transformer/CB/CT/VT/Capacitor/Reactor/switchboard etc installations
- High voltage cables
- Earthing design
- Substation buildings
- Secondary system protection/SCADA/Metering design (with assistance from our specialist secondary system and protection engineers)
- Equipment foundations and mounting stands
- Low voltage ac and dc systems
- An understanding of standards and systems used the major New Zealand distribution and generation companies is desirable
Being involved in providing input to estimates relating to project bids, client liaison, managing sub-consultants and report preparation you will have excellent written and oral English language skills.
In addition, your key skills will encompass:
- Attention to detail and a drive for technical excellence. Tesla's reputation relies on high quality design outputs!
- An aptitude for solving problems
- Ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships with clients and colleagues
- Organising and managing multiple tasks
- Self-motivation and desire to work with minimal supervision
Preferably applicants will be tertiary qualified, ideally with a BE(Electrical) or equivalent and have significant industry experience.
All applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand
Please email email@example.com for a Job Description. Enquiries may also be made phoning (07) 834 6477. All enquiries will be treated in strict confidence.