Telecommunication & Control Design Engineers - Senior and Intermediate
Location - Auckland, Hamilton Wellington or Christchurch
Tesla Consultants Limited is a New Zealand owned engineering consultancy providing high quality specialist services to the high-voltage electric power industry.
We seek intermediate or senior telecommunications and/or control systems Design Engineers with power systems experience. Supporting increased client demand in design for telecommunications and control systems you will have proven New Zealand high-voltage electrical industry experience.
You will be working as part of a supportive team undertaking a diverse range of interesting and challenging tasks for which you will receive a highly attractive remuneration package that includes health insurance. Offering a friendly and flexible work environment, Tesla's exceptionally high staff retention record is a good indication of our commitment to work/life balance.
You will need specific experience designing or supporting telecommunications or control systems in the New Zealand electrical industry. You must have a minimum of 4 (for Intermediate) or 10 (for Senior) years’ experience in this industry and your skills must include experience in several of the following aspects:
- Project Planning
- Fibre optic cable (external and internal to buildings)
- UHF and Microwave radio links
- SDH and PDH multiplexing
- SCADA Systems
- Remote terminal units (RTU)
- Programmable logic controllers (PLC)
- IP Networking within the Electricity industry
- Voice systems
- An understanding of electrical industry standards and systems
Being in client liaison, report preparation and providing input to estimates for project bids you will have excellent written and oral English language skills.
Preferably applicants will be tertiary qualified, however consideration will be given to those with significant industry experience.
In addition, your key skills will encompass:
- Attention to detail and a drive for technical excellence. Tesla's reputation relies on high quality design outputs!
- An aptitude for solving problems
- Ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships with clients and colleagues
- Organising and managing multiple tasks
- Self-motivation and an ability to work with minimal supervison
All applicants must be legally entitled to work in New Zealand
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for a Job Description. Enquiries may also be made phoning (07) 834 6477. All enquiries will be treated in strict confidence